Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Friday, April 15, 2005

masochism and other ponderances

So I got this email with all these pics that are supposed to make you wince and I'm a bit disturbed (okay, not really more like amused) that I actually find them rather stimulating and am pondering the feasibily of getting something similar done ( in other words, would I still be engaged? ).

here's one of the pics...




I'm just enthralled by it, there's another one too, where the lacing comes in and then out again in the traditional hourglass figure of corsetry. I think I like that one best but this one shows up better. It's nearly two a.m., it seems that is my witching hour, however that most likely won't be the case for a good long while since Doug is coming home tomorrow (YAYAYAYAAY) and I generally go to bed somewhere around the time he does (this encourages sex I've heard -- I don't know how couples that go to bed at all different hours ever get it on. maybe they abuse the couch or the dining room table or something......)

but I'm sitting here with one of those weird Biore strips on my nose and I actually shaved my legs and cleaned up the house some and I miss him so much I'm going to have trouble getting through tomorrow.

Good recipe:

Laura's Meat Pie (don't you love it?)

  • Boil some potatoes (whole)
  • Slice some onions and saute in butter till soft
  • Add crumbled sausage (breakfast style) and fry it all up
  • After its all brown and mucky, mix a teaspoon of cornstarch with a quarter cup of hot water
  • Drizzle over sausage mixture and mix, turn on low
  • Hopefully the potatoes are done
  • Slice them up into slices
  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  • Put pre made pie crust in pie pan according to directions on box
  • Add layer of tater slices, sausage mixture, maybe some pepper
  • Put on top crust according to directions, don't forget to vent it
  • Stick in oven for maybe 20 minutes until it looks right

Take it out and let it cool for a bit so it doesn't fall apart when sliced. Good with cranberry sauce.

Raven and Derek and Morgan (the baby) and Mike were all over tonight and I fixed the meat pies. They were yummy. Raven couldn't eat because Morgan was fussing and wouldn't got to sleep so I took him from her so she could actually eat. He's only two and a half months old. So I rocked him a bit and got him to sleep. If I get to play with him too much that kid is not going to have any choice but to have rhythm. I dance with babies and pat them in time to the musice playing. It works! That and the standing-figure-eight-swaying works too. This kid is going to be influenced by so many interesting people besides his very unique parents. For example we stepped out for a smoke last night and came back in to Mike reading aloud to the baby "Herbert West: Reanimator" by H.P. Lovecraft in his theatrical baritone voice. Morgan was enthralled -- I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway it's time for bed and to pull this weird stiff thing off my nose and see if it works. Whee!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is really strange--yet kinda hot in a self-mutilating way...that meatpie sounds yummmmm i'm gonna have to try the recipe. thanx!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

uh, I am disturbed.

of course I've known that for quite some time.
I'll skip the weird corsetry thing, and stick with the food.

~E

8:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

the pie is good! i keep coming back to the corsetry -- I just can't get it out of my head -- I'm so morbid but the piercing and the satin on flesh and the whole idea that the chick cannot appreciate it herself, or see it, or care for it or lace it -- forced dependence, it's a GREAT submissive piercing -- maybe that's what got to me about it. ah well, we all have our pervy bits, our own 'psychopathia sexualis'

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home