Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

a haggis? a haggis!


Ach! I found online grocer that will ship a haggis! Yay! Now I have to save my pennies to get one... unless I start a Laura Haggis Fund :) They also have canned haggis, of which I read decent reviews, enough to get my fix, anyway.

See, I only ever get haggis once a year at the Fairhill Highland Gathering. I have dreams about it - hot and steamy, bursting out from the slit in the skin, doused in good whiskey and served aboard oaten cakes.

*drool*

Okay, you can stop gagging now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, tasty sheep giblets in stomach lining.

*gag*

If times are that hard, would you like a real food parcel?
:D

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god laura! Are you trying to send us all running for the bathroom.

EWWWWWWWWW

10 16,
~21

2:18 AM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Laura, it doesn't matter how good it tastes, with a name like Haggis, it's not getting past my lips! Ugh. Whatever floats your boat, though.

I've been known to eat some weird stuff, but nothing quite as weird as haggis. That's one treat you can keep all to yourself. :)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I honestly think I threw up in my mouth a little...

2:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

aww c'mon guys it's not all that bad --

sair, if you notice this is a BEEF haggis... hrm. somehow inferior to sheep, I know, but you get what you can. Didja see the price on it? $116 to get it, and get it shipped. It'll have to wait, I think. :)

E - chitlins are gross, I'm with ya. haggis, I've found, reminds me a bit of corned beef hash in a roundabout way....

lex -- 10, too, even if you're a hater. :) Has 22 ever tried it?

ang -- more for me *does a little dance* I'm make sure to have some of it here in early may.....

stephanie -- now THAT'S gross. *grin* (didja see, it comes in vegetarian form?)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Pille said...

Hey - haggis (a good one) can be very very nice!!! And no, I'm not Scottish, so it's not in my genes to like it:)
Laura - do you want me to post you some?

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home