Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

share my eyes

This omlette is a good reason to have chickens. I have never purchased eggs from a store that turn out this color. No turmeric or coloring added, in fact, I diluted it a bit with milk. The taste and texture are fantastic, savoury and firm. I'm so excited, the chickens started laying again about two weeks ago!


This dresser was originally light blue and covered with 20 years of built up grime (the stuff that does not wipe away with Windex). I've had it since I was at least 5. A day of sanding, priming, painting, more sanding and some drilling. New color, new hardware, and new "old" look. I distressed the edges and grooves by hand to show the original wood and the original color. I did the top in cream colored enamel. Very theraputic.


Christmas Eve Eve with my brothers their wimin. They descended on Friday the 23th and our house was full and noisy. I made several gallons of Irish stew - served with salad and good bread. If you think this is a full house, consider that Devin and his girlfriend couldn't make it. :)


Goodnight Barnhenge. The view from the workshop last night. My hands aren't steady enough to take good high-res, low-light photos, BUT the new windows open from the top down as well as top - up and provided me with a handy ledge to get this shot.





Blue in the Shade. I love the way the snow turns blue in the shadows. This plant is a myriad of tiny dried bells, each one coated individually in ice.

I never notice them in the summer, however in the autumn they dry - at which point they are very striking. A cluster of them in hand makes for delicate maraca-like rattling, and bundled in some raffia, they fill a vase nicely.










Barnhenge on Ice.

If you look carefully you can see my car, Skippy, where she was stuck for 4 days until I called a tow truck to pull her out. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Laura, these pictures are absoluetly stunning and beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

12:40 PM  
Blogger me said...

I always check Laura's photos. A fairly decent photgrapher and all the rest, extreme home makeoverer, poet, cook, and on and on. WTG, hon!

12:52 PM  
Blogger e said...

Heh, wanna know something funny? I got a bazillion of those exact same leaf drawer/cabinet pulls for my kitchen (whenever we get to redoing it.) Great minds think alike. :)

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want to know is where is all that snow now. We had some early snow... and now it is like spring. At least it is here. I think yon spring egg-laying chickens thinks it is anyway.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home