Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

J-O-B

jobbity jobbity job


I'm waiting for Raven to get here, we're going to go apply at an open house for Amazon's distribution center.

I can either work 7:30a to 6p or in reverse or something like that. I hafta check. regardless, I'll opt to work the overnight.

so much for christmas, I'll never even see the damned tree.

see, at this point, I was supposed to have most the contracting work rolling and be able to work something part time and then find or go full time until classes start in March then go back to part time.

but that's not happening. so the contractors will be starting the slow slow process here in about a week, and I should be working (I've been told) so, the only way for me to still be here when contractors are here is to work overnights. Well that or find something that's like 4p to 9p or. But really, the distance I'd have to travel for that kind of job, in no way justifies the pay that would come with it. And besides, I still wouldn't be seeing my husband working that shift so I'd rather work a later one and make more money. -- and traffic would be better, to boot.

*blargh*

this'll probably only be during the christmas season unless they want to keep me on. so -- so much for enjoying the season. And I'm sure it'll be great fun to come home from working on my feet all day and start laying tile.... of course, if I get the job, with those hours, that'll be the only thing getting laid, I'm sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

I feel a trace of bitterness in this post. I can't say that I blame you. Night shift sucks, regardless of any reason you're doing it.

I used to work a mid-shift sort of job, it was 3pm-11pm. That was probably the best shift ever. I still went to class in the morning, went to bed at a decent (at least decent enough for a college student) hour, and didn't sleep my life away during the day. I wonder if you could find something similar to that? Then more than the tile might get laid occasionally. And hey, morning nookie is sometimes the best. :)

Hope you find something that suits you without causing too much stress or marital hardship.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck hates working nights. I hate not seeing him. But then again, he works 4-1. Don't feel bad, not much gets laid around here either.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home