Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Photos

It's important to have good hair...see, dry and everything!


Just about everyone who took pictures had a shot like this, it was just so ephemeral and pretty, the photos really don't do it justice.


The lads... left to right, DJ, Daryl, Devin, and David.


I will treasure this picture forever because, well, because they're all in one place and quiet. Amazing.


A moment of prayer for the men, led by Michelle Loving-Moore, our minister. Left to right, Doug, Jon, and Dude (I mean Stu).


If only we had a tarp and a lackey to put it out....














....ah, okay! This was the first layer of defense against the mud!





















Trevor after performing his duties...




...and Brynn who hung out up front a while longer. Aren't they cute? The flower basket was too big and both were having troubles with the hay but they did an amazing job.



The girls... Raven (left), Erica (right) and Brynn (front).... also two of the boys.. I love the big smile on Doug's face.


The words...


The rings...



I just did what?!?! (Doug after the drugs wore off)

Yep, still smilin'

My cute husband waiting for me in the limo so that we may be whisked away to our estate in the country. :)

With These Rings

by Janet Paisley

You are fresh words

on the old stone of time

Here, silence honours you,

here now, the earth turns,

the sun beats, the rain sings.

You are not adrift

among the wheeling constellations

but held by the hoop of love.

Ancient as the ring of standing stones,

prophetic as a snow-ring round the moon,

marriage is.

Wear your vows well when laughter

is the wine between you

or when night lies like a bolster

down the middle of your bed.

May the cold shoulder of the hill

always afford you shelter.

May the sun always seek you

however dark the place.

We who are wordless know

thorns have roses.

And when you go from this day

the burnished stars go with you.

When you go forward from this day

the love that grew you

grows with you

and marriage is struck,

iron on stone, hand in hand.

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Yay!!! Pictures! It looks awesome, L. :o)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I showed all of these to Scott, who has no intentions of marrying me anyway but he says there's no way in hell he'd marry me if I tried to get him into renfair garb... You must be awfully loved, you got ALLL those guys into it.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

8:02 PM  
Blogger dave said...

very cool ... I love your hair and the dress is amazing, Doug's smile says it all! Awesome! I love the 'monk' photo of the four guys and your comment is priceless.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home