Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Things with teeth

... something got another of our chickens, poor thing. I'm not as distraught about this though, because I followed the feathers until there were no more... whatever got her was obviously very hungry. I can deal with that much better than the senseless slaughter of chickens my some neighbors stupid dog. We'll need to get one soon, though, if we want to keep our chickens!

In lighter news, the floors are done being refinished, the difference is absolutely amazing. I love the company that did the job, we have 130 year old pine floors and they made them look wonderful. We're going to slowly start putting together the downstairs this weekend.

Also, the kitchen has been delayed a bit, as the countertops are going to take an extra week to come in. This is making me crazy since I've been working very hard to not post any pics of the progress, I don't want to until it's done. Grrrr. Oh, and the delay is going to mean that the kitchen will not be done until after I start classes, so odds are, Doug is going to be the first person to cook in it *sniff* *sniff*. Hopefully he'll wait for me.

I talked to Mike for a longish time the other day and am working on putting together a care package for him. Part of it included cigarettes, so I stopped into the tobacco store to get some. I'd forgotten how expensive it is to be a regular smoker! It's been almost a year since I quit, which is hard to believe. In that time I can't honestly say I've not smoked at all. I will still smoke the occasional clove cigarette, but because I like the flavour and I can't chainsmoke them or I'll get ill. So it's more like a cigar or something of that ilk.

For someone who if down to their last $5 would buy a pack of cigarettes rather than a meal, I think this is pretty good progress. Now if only I can cut back on the caffeine. (she says as she guzzles the last syrupy dregs of a Full Throttle Engergy Drink)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so jealous you have hens and roosters, especially the roosters.

i wanted to say thanks to you, btw, for commenting on that hungover blogpost of mine. i erased it because i was still tipsy when i wrote it and later on i was just irritable and disgusted with myself.

but thank you. i appreciated it.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home