Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

FYI

Never, ever, EVER, watch "The Grudge" right before bed. Most kinds of creepy scary movies don't get me but this one fucked my head all up.... much like "The Ring" did. Good thing I watched the last half of "From Dusk till Dawn" to get the taste out of my mouth --- well -- at least got to see Selma Hayek run around half naked with Juliette Lewis, George Clooney, and Harvey Keitel kicking some gorey vampire butt.

Hopefully that'll help. I think I smoked at least half a pack of cigs just watching the damn movie

*sigh*

I'm gonna try to sleep now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh! I want to see Grudge so badly! But I already know it's going to freak me out. I LOVE scary movies, but I actually get scared like a kid. Just reading "The Shining" fucked me up for years.

Sweet dreams ;)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

lol E yep, I totally understand. Nightmare on Elm Street I can handle, it's the good stuff that gets me -- my mom and I were watching and debating whether or not to change the channel but finally were so hooked we had to stay..........all while D slept on a the comfy chair behind me. *sigh* Well, I do suggest it when you get the chance if you're into that kinda thing. :)

11:24 AM  
Blogger 666poetry-finchnot said...

ooooh look

i found your blog

hope you are well laura :)

yes scary movies before bed

not good

i love your recipe for meat pie
i'll have to try it out

say hi to dougie for me

~jx

11:35 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi finchy thanks for stopping in scary movies suck I'm such a masochist ummm Jenni isn't zen supposed to be calming? Hrmmm. Well there is something universal about a really big cat representing all the poor maligned dog-chased kitties in this world. Cheshire and Colette agree. :)

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home