Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Five weird things meme -


1. When driving in the winter I like to keep my driver's side window open no matter how cold it is. Of course, I hate being cold, so to combat that, I also keep the heat cranked way up.

2. Fat Cat guards the coffee. I have not idea when this became "a thing" but now every time I, or anyone else uses the coffee, Fat Cat must be placed back on top of the canister where he belongs.

3. I can roll my tongue into thirds.

4. The "Worst Case Scenario" book was written for me. I'm sure of it. It seems like no matter what is going on, at some point my brain automatically shuffles and analyzes anything that could possibly go wrong and how I would address it. Now this is not too much of a curse, because in an emergency of any kind, I'm the calm one - but still it seems like to much worrying to me. Of course sometimes I go off the deep end and end up with super powers or beating the crap out of someone or something utterly unrealistic. Perhaps that just makes me feel like I'm in control, huh?

5. Until I was 17 or so, I said good night to my stuffed animals every night. "The Velveteen Rabbit" had a huge impact on me. I mean, who's to say they weren't "real"? Just making sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

I like fat cat L, he's very cute.

As far as the saying goodnight to the stuffed animals, I think that's fairly normal, too. The Velveteen Rabbit was one of my favorite stories. I still have it on the shelf in my bedroom. Maybe one day it'll be J-mans favorite story as well. :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Pille said...

:) I'm envious about p.3 - I can't roll my tongue into anything, nothing:(

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FatCat looks more like a Coffee(Copy)Cat to me..

..I know, perhaps the lamest 'pun'ette in history :D

It's that sort of day.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home