Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

dream a little dream

Today I woke up and it was chilly and grey. In that foggy place before waking I reminisced on those late-mornings in early spring when I'd stay over a Mike's place, curled into his couch. We'd wake up and snarf some Triscuits and Easy Cheez before stumbling out the door for coffee (the first of many cups a day) from Wawa.

I mentioned this to Doug and so by 10:15 (I'd only woken up the third time at 9:45) we were out the door and heading to Wawa. On the way, I saw baby sheep running across a field, and baby cows nursing. I thought of becoming vegetarian for the 50th time this week, and decided again, that I'd rather limit my meat consumption to animals that well, I know where they came from and how they were slaughtered.

At Wawa, I got coffee. And a breakfast sandwich. And a chocolate covered cherry.

I cannot eat without getting it all over myself. I have biscuit crumbs on my shirt still, and I dribbled the cherry cordial stuff on on of my pigtail braids. Now my hair is stiff and sticky, but tasty.

We decided to not stop at the flea market because at 11 p.m. the guys there were looking mostly to leave. As I mentioned before it was also grey and chilly. In the spirit of the day Doug and I drove around and talked. Went to a local "Country" store that was rather cool. Drooled on some furniture that I know I could have made myself. Hit the local nursery and looked a fruit trees.

Doug made sure to go back the way the baby sheep were so that I could see them again. We dream and drive a lot. The latest dream being to turn the barn ruins in to a convertible greenhouse/three season room/ barbeque area. It'll work, really, it will.

and we have gardens and fruit trees and a barbeque and kitties and doggies and lots of baby animals and chickens and a massage/spa area and meditation gardens lots of stuff to do and we'll try to be self sustaining and everything...

and perhaps in the process, we'll still manage to keep our friends, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger westcoastmama said...

:-) What an absolutely dreamy day. Thanks for sharing it with us, L. Miss you. *hug* Have a great week. You have so much going on! lol...wouldn't be fun if you didn't. Can't wait to see the pics you post of the new kitchen. Hiya Doug!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Laura, I envy you and your dreams. What beautiful images- baby sheep and all the beauty of life. And I love the idea that all the hard work your putting into your place is going to benefit you in such great ways.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home