Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

fat lip, pics, and kitties too!


<--- such a cute kid. This is Morgan, my godson and the son of one of my best friends, Raven. I just love this picture so I had to share it.

In other news, I currently look as if Doug has popped me one in the mouth-- he has not -- I had a root canal! Oh the excitement.

This is just the beginning of an extensive series of dental work I'm going to have to have done, mainly because I procrastinated. I have, I think, two other root canals coming. Yuck. After that I get to have an extraction and three implants. Maybe after that, I'll really go on a bender and have my palate repaired, perhaps I'll go back to wearing an expander. Maybe then my jaw will stop popping.

You'd think that the part of my body that gets the most excercise would be in shape!

It's been pouring on and off all day today. Big fat juicy summer rain that makes you want to run around half dressed and play in the mud. We should have been moving, but that's been delayed. So -- no mud to play in but also no rain to move in. This works out for the best I suppose.

As you may be able to tell by the recent increase in pictures, Doug and I are the proud new parents of a digital camera. A pretty good one at that. I like it. I particularly like the manual setting that allows adjustment of the shutter speed and aperature. I also really dig that I can delete the not so good stuff and not feel wasteful. My job it to learn how to use it then teach Doug. So... fun stuff. I'll share a few out of the most recent batch.

Oh yeah, and I REALLY enjoy the whole cropping and editing the pics. As E2 said somewhere... once a yearbook editor, always a yearbook editor. (I wasn't an editor but a layout and photo geek. *grin*) So I figured I'd share some of my world. If pictures and captions bore you, then stop here.
Here's Collette. I think in another life, she was a bunny. She doesn't know it but when Cheshire, our foster cat, goes back to his people, she is getting a new friend. Her new friend is a Russian Blue kitty named Gigi who is a few months younger than she is. Collette will also be getting a bunny friend that I've been told actually likes cats. I'm ridiculously amused by pets.













This is me. This is me in my red dress. Every woman needs a red dress and sparkly earings. Please excuse the extra chin. I usually keep a spare handy.











Cheshire cat is not sure he approves of whatever it is that Raven is doing to the noisy, new kitten but at least she's keeping it quiet.
















Doug is apparently talking to Jon. How Jon got into that plastic thingy, I don't know. Sometimes, it's best to let men have their little fantasies.










This is the robotic leg of the last cyborg that messed with me! Mwahahahaha!

Okay, no. It's a steering column. One of the odd assortment of car parts currently residing under my desk at work.









This is why I like the red dress. This, I think, is why Doug likes it too.






Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Woohooo!!!! Lady in red! Nice wrack, L! We should have a wrack pic competition. Lol. By the way, nice to finally see your face, too. :-P You're purty.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Heh, we start having a boob pic competition and I'm automatically the loser, hands down. Unless you like mosquito bites. :)

There's no red dress in the world that'll do that to me! You look beautiful Laura! Heh, and I don't just mean the cleav pic either!

Moving in the rain sucks. Done it a time or two. The other day, however, as I was coming out of the grocery with Jonas and a huge cart of stuff the bottom decided to fall out. Jonas did not approve, but his momma had a great time splashing around in the rain. It was one of those rains that wasn't cold, but just cool enough on a muggy summer day to be perfect.

Adults should play in the rain more often. I think it seriously does something for our stress levels.

7:48 AM  
Blogger e said...

Angela, believe me - the grass is always greener! Some days I long for mosquito bites!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Nice pictures, Laura. Your god child is definitely a cutie. Maybe it is just as well that you didn't move in the mud. Like Angie said, we all need to play in the rain more, but I prefer it to be by choice and not necessity! Hopefully, your moving day will dawn sunny and sufficiently cool to get the job done.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

hee hee. Hi guys... yup that's me and stuff.

E2 thanks *blush* I am blessed to be in the middle of backache land... not so much to cause pain but enough to make me wish at times for more... so it works.. Ang -- skeeter bites.. sure....(besides the red dress does much for enhancement) .. you're beautiful, so shush. At least your hair is naturally red *ptthhbbtt*

vickie.. thanks for the reassurance, I figure everything happens for a reason.

I did play in the rain, you all are absolutely right about how it works on stress, especially when I started splashing Doug...

sometimes it's good to make neccessity feel like a choice... me, I just slipped out the door when D wasn't looking!

2:05 PM  
Blogger e said...

What do you use now to color your hair with? Have you ever tried henna? A friend of mine with naturally dark blonde hair turned me on to henna. She had the most gorgeous red hair when she used it. People would comment on it all the time when we went out. It's wicked messy (I use too it nowadays), but does zero damage and conditions like crazy. Maybe some day if you're in NH we could henna you. :o)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home