Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

oh boy

today Doug and and I were multi tasking -- he met with the windows & siding guy, I met with the kitchen guy. I think I made out better with the kitchen guy who wasn't making comments about maybe tearing the place down and starting fresh....

so the kitchen stuff is coming along, which is cool. the siding stuff is coming a long which is cool.

the mortgage company, however, has lost three potential clients because of the way they're handling this. seriously, they should be careful who they fuck up with because well, Doug and I are of the age where we're buying our first house. this means that many of our - my - friend are in the house buy market as well, some of them ready to upgrade from their first house. good referrals are the best advertising.

we're getting so fed up by the fact that the broker has been screwing around with this since April -- we started in April, since we knew there was going to be a lot involved. We got a freakin' head start because we knew the house needed some work and stuff, we told them, even. Now, in between answering personal phone calls while meeting with Doug and her boss, she is saying why might need to move the close date back.

oh no she didn't.

if we have to move the close date, we're going elsewhere. the only reason we're still putting up with this is because it's so close to settlement. i'm so mad about it. a lot of this stuff we new was going to happen, and that's why we started early -- we the customer, who do not work in realty knew this.

*sigh*

so frustrating. i know it will work out in the long run, it's just aggrivating now. especially since the broker is an aquaintance. her niece is one of my best friends and is absolutely mortified. i don't want her to feel like she's to blame and she's an awfully good listener about it.

anyway........

so I'm getting a lop-eared bunny! free with accessories. how cool is that. AND the bunny is used to living with cats, so that's a bonus.

5 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Ugh. Sorry you're having such a hard time. Customer service is truly a dying art!

Congrats on the bunny! Does he/she have a name yet?

4:45 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I'm here wishing you both the very best of everything. It has to work out...because I said so...

4:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

customer service is my art, i'm afraid, so i'm even more particular. ah well. the bunny doesn't have a name yet, i won't name him until i get him because well, it's like the way jewish people won't have a baby shower until AFTER the baby is born.... :) I'm excited. I love aminals.

Vickie -- just because you said so -- I know now all will be well. :) Seriously -- thank you --

5:04 PM  
Blogger e said...

L, CS is my art too, and I know what you mean about even more particular. I find myself wanting to tell people to get their shit together constantly! Especially other receptionists/front desk people. I don't think they know how much they effect business. If the front desk person sucks, it makes me want to go elsewhere.

6:34 PM  
Blogger me said...

Off subject ---> have I said how really and truly inspiring and awesome i think your header quote is? It is as close to the truth as one can get I think. ANyhoo, back to blogging! :-)

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home