Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

rant

I got off work early today in order to go, which was interesting, considering it was crazybusy at work today. But I had an appointment. Sometimes I hate my job. I love my company -- we really try to step up to our customer service goals, but sometimes fall through. And people... they just WANT so much. I'm so sick of dealing with coddled, brainwashed, lawsuit hungry, consumers every day -- who, when something doesn't go quite right, thinks we owe them the world. It seems that everday people feel that they are less and less accountable for their own decisions. Something (insert theory here) has made people hyperfocus on the little crap so that the big crap is overlooked - it's like that article about forensics I read somewhere that stated that juries are getting worse and worse because they expect forensics to answer absolutely everything, and quickly, when in fact, foresics are costly, underfunded, time consuming and not foolproof. These same morons that believe what they see on a fictional TV show and throw off the court systems are also the ones that hear about obscene lawsuit settlements where someone has made a stupid mistake and made someone else, especially a big company, pay for it.

Oh I hate people sometimes. The thing that makes me feel bad is that often the folks that really deserve compensation are the ones that don't fight for it, that are very nice, and are willing to look at things objectively. So of course, they usually get diddley-squat.

Not with me if I can help it. *sigh* Sorry for the rant, I've just been working in nutjob central the past few days and it has been ....special.

1 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Hang in there! SOunds like Thursday made up for your earlier bad day! :-)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home