Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

hidey hole

I think I need a hidey hole to post stuff, the dark secret-y stuff.

In a bee tree
old honey blackens:
unused, uneaten,
the sweet congealed
tar of other bee-lives.

Ancient royal jelly
gathers dust
on the backshelves
as new cells glisten
under the thrum
of cellophane wings.

I'll wager
that bees are secretly
relieved when the bee tree
is ravished --
the best housekeepers
always start from scratch.

I wrote something today that I can't post, but somehow feel I need too. I just don't want anyone to see it and feel pained -- cathartic or not -- or awkward.

Why is there this part of me wants to be spied on in the bathroom?!

8 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

my blogs get very little traffic actually...maybe make another blog just for you...don't advertise

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh - you want to be spied on in the bathroom, eh? Would that have anything to do with my DougCam joke? 'Cause I'd be happy to watch you sit on the throne, too! :-P

7:34 PM  
Blogger me said...

I need a hidey hole too. Damn the things I could post! LOL

7:48 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hrm. I wonder if we should all go under cover and see if we find each other. That could be fun, and not too -- yep, Mike I was at MTC for a long time then had to start sculpting what I said, just in case anyone took it the wrong way or say, I got engaged to a member or something... so I went here, and missed all my friends so I told them where I was *sigh* BUT i trust the internet more to keep my secrets than I do any folder anywhere, and honestly I don't mind people reading... it's so confusing.

E2 the DougCam eh? Oh boy, now I'm worried.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh L! When I started my blog, it was my hidey hole, I never wanted to be discovered. But you know what? I think sometimes things need to be said, and I think that if I post something in my blog and someone else is offended, well, damn it - ya shouldn't have been there ya know?

I let it all out in my blog - maybe not in plain english, but it's all there. Stop trying to please others and do what you need to do.

And if the secret thing you want to post is about how I don't shave my legs all winter, well, I promise not to be offended ;)

12:05 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

well E when the Weekly World News started reporting crop circles on your legs, I thought it was time to comment!

I know whatcha mean -- nothing huge, just private thoughts and stuff. I'm pretty plainly spoken when it comes down to it -- I hate having to double guess what I'm writing and try to re-perceive it. however, I suppose that is the way it is when writing anything.

E2 suggested a password protect, it would be neat, I think to have a blog with password access or maybe just a blog that will only show certain entries to certain users.

or maybe I'm obsessed with secrets that aren't really secrets and I like that paradox of that.... who knows!?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Oh Laura,

Just come right out and say it. I don't think any of us regular visitors mind your dirty, or not so dirty secrets.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Is it on blogger or angelfire where you can make private posts? There's an option. It is probably angelfire.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home