Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

sock hunt

so tired. so very tired. no gym this afternoon, it was my 'off' day, however I did hit the treadmill this morning for 30 minutes. i know me, and know i have to do something every day or I'll let it go. So instead of having a full 'off' day, I'm giving myself an alternating morning and afternoon. I really think I'll go to bed early tonight.

Doug is a saint, just in case ya'll are wondering. He spent 2 hours in a women's clothing store with me, gave appropriate commentary AND went and fetched different styles and sizes on request. Of course, I only went in to get socks.

I'm very happy broomstick skirts are apparently fashinable enough to be sold at a regular store this year, instead of just at the beach. I have three now. I love them. I especially love that if I'm going to continue the weight loss thing, they'll fit at almost any size I will be. Got four fitted tees, four tanks, three broomstick skirts, a kicky yellow knee length skirt, a green patterned circle skirt and a pair of kahki shorts that actually fit.

I'm pleased. Remarkably broker, but pleased.

....never did get those socks.

oh, and I'm meeting with Richard, my personal trainer tomorrow night. I hope I survive!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Sounds like you had a great time shopping, and you're right, D is a saint. Wil goes with me reluctantly, but I'm a terrible shopper. I'm never happy with anything I try on.
We went out on mother's day. I tried on piles of stuff, didn't ended up with one t-shirt for myself, and about $50 worth of stuff for Jonas. I always find it much more fun to buy for him. He looks adorable in anything. :)

I'm still in awe of your dedication to the gym. I'm considering joining one myself, but I haven't got the guts to do it just yet. Lord knows I don't look good in the pre-requisite spandex. :)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home