Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

negative one anniversary

it struck me as irresistably funny that my blog came up when someone at the Social Security Administration in Baltimore ( I know right where that is-- more like Woodlawn) did a search on Yahoo! for "massive strong women". I am really rather concerned about the impetus behind that, I hope the Prez approves of their research. Hey! My tax dollars or something is paying for that Yahoo! search. Hrmph. ...and they didn't even comment. Stat Counter is nifty, I can see both the people that visit here with any regularity. *grin* okay a bit more than that but normal days only have like, 7 or 8 hits. Of course if there was anything interesting here, then I'm sure that would be different but that's not the point. The point is to get me writing something, which it does, even if I don't edit, proofread, or do anything creative.

Took a half-day off work in order to go to the Orthopedic Surgeon. That was an adventure. He was really cool, and actually seemed to have a sense of humor about things, like me referring to my knee as 'squishy'. Anyway, it's "pre-patella bursitis" basically a big blister on my insides caused by repeated agrivation of my already injured knee--- and ya know, it cropped up suspiciously right after Doug got back from West Virginia. Imagine that. (okay, no DON'T, that's just weird) But I've been told to stay off my knee -- no gardening, no floor scrubbing, none of that. He was really funny and asked if I needed a doctor's note for church, I responded that it wouldn't be neccessary however I barely refrained from adding that I might need one for home. In any case I've had not only one needle stuck in my knee but three. One for the numbing, one for sucking out the fluid from the sac, and one for the steriods. I didn't look. I've been a blood and pherisis donor but I could not deal with watching fluid come out of my knee. Of course, now it actually hurts since the painful part no longer has it's cushiony blister. Oh, and it might fill up again. Whee! Could be worse, bursitis is usually pretty painful because people get it in their shoulders, hips and so forth, mine is in a much more convenient area.

Inspection is Saturday, I'm so nervous. Something ate three of the chickens, so Allison said she would replace them. This is cool of her. I guess the mystery of what ate the chickens would be a case of 'fowl play'. I'm also wondering if cats can be trained to chicken-herd. Probably not, but it could be fun to watch. I have a great visual of that in my head but I'm too tired to write it. So, I suppose it's off to bed with me.

oh yeah, and D and I will be married tomorrow in a year. he calling it the negative one anniversary, I'm not quite sure on a proper response to that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

That is so cool about the house. I'm so envious of you guys! I have to imagine that property is much less expensive up there, or else, you guys are loaded! Down here five acres would probably go for somewhere in the million dollar range, if not more... and that's just for the land! So, here I sit in my crumbling 2 bedroom on a quarter acre, and I'm dreaming of the day when we might be able to upgrade to something with 3 bedrooms. (no time soon) According to the county website, the median cost of an average home is $200,000.00. Ugh. And the median income is somewhere closer to poverty level. It's sick.

I'm glad that you had your knee looked at, and that it only took three needles to fix it. That's pretty mild in comparison to some of the knee procedures I'm familiar with. I guess that until it heals, you'll have to get Doug a ladder to stand on. :)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

OMG ang it took me a minute to get that. i'm still giggling :D I think property is way more expensive down there, Delaware is pretty expensive unless you live in a townhome, however MD is a bit cheaper. My friends just found a 2 bedroom on a 1/2 acre lot for 162 or maybe it's 3/4 acre I can't remember. it suites their needs. Doug couldn't believe how cheap they were -- i.e. a townhouse in a pretty okay neighborhood goes for about 120- 125 and to me, that's high because 5 years ago they were in the 80-90 range.

maybe you should get your sunophobic butt up here. :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you have chickens? that's COOL! do you have a rooster? I LOVE roosters! yikes on the needles.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

The only positive to the rising prices of real estate around here is that my little house, which I only paid $57,000 for eight years ago is now worth more than double that. So if and when we get ready to sell, we'll make a decent profit. The negative is that everything else has doubled in price, so we still can't afford to move. Arg!!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm not sure on the rooster, jenni, they do get a little scary -- that whole waking up just because a cock wants me too doesn't really fly 'round here ;) but the chickens are good, they walk funny and come and great you at the car when you come over. :D

ang -- that sucks on the property crap... have you considered moving anywhere else or is Florida to much like Home?

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home