Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Day Three

This is the third day since I officially quit smoking. I'm doin' the gum. It is icky. The direction say to chew slowly then 'park' between gum and cheek (tobbacky any un'?) until the "peppery" (as in cross between kitty litter and black pepper) taste and "tingling" (as in burning) dissapate then repeat for 15-30 minutes. But it leaves my breath minty-kitty-litter fresh which is SOOOOOO much better than cigarettes. But I'm gonna do it.

Had the new house inspected Saturday, we were incredibly nervous, ready to be told that the foundation is crap or something along those lines. What the inspector (whom I highly recommend, by the way, he was cool) told us was about what we knew already -- a few suprises, but nothing to deter us. So Sunday we had dinner with Rob and Allison (fireside fondue -- very very fun) to celebrate. Now to get the damned thing insured and the mortgage sorted out.

So we're slated to close in mid-July. Yay.

Doug and I were illegal on Sunday. We did bad things. Well okay, we split a bottle of Maywine between two WaWa coffe cups and trekked through Fairhill for 2 hours and change. It was fun hiking around the paths and so forth, enjoying the Spring on May Day and sipping wine. :D I'm a little aggrivated by my ex, Joe, because well, I'd always wanted to get married on May Day (whenever I did) but last year HE got married on May Day. This pisses me off since he 'wasn't the marrying type' in the first place, he could've done it in the middle of winter or something. So seeing as how I was with him for so long, I couldn't very well snag that day, too. It's just to weird. Oh well, the Saturday before works just as well. :)

I'm finally letting myself get REALLY excited for the house (hopefully not so excited I forget the wedding) but very happy. I think it will all go well, I really do. I think Doug and I will do well there and there's all kinds of places to enjoy being outside and to write and to have chickens and goats and a garden and fruit trees and flowers and .....yeah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

No, don't forget the wedding, but do go wild for the house. The house will be with you long after the wedding is over. Remember what I said in my poem to you two.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

oh, and good luck with the gum...

6:01 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

L! YAY! yay @ ALL of that! The smoking the 6 pounds the inspection, the drunkwalk the goats and chickens and just YAY!

Now, go write :P

Love you and that wacky pocket protected fella too
*smooooooooooooch* to both of you!
~E

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home