Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Friday, April 29, 2005

yummy 'maters

why oh why oh why do I do this?

*sigh*

I like to share. :)


  • take 3 tomatoes, slice in half an then into wedges
  • put in glass baking dish
  • in a bowl mix 3/4 c. lowfat ricotta
  • with 2 tablespoons minces garlic
  • with some basil
  • and maybe some low fat shredded mozarella or grated romano (or both to be wild)
  • spread mixture over tomatoes
  • drizzle some olive oil over it
  • bake at 350 for 20 minutes uncovered
  • eat with yummy garlic bread, or by itself

you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

(mine includes taking Doug to see "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy")

4 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

I do a similar version of this, and it is delicious! I don't think I could ever eat enough tomatoes. :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Hmmm... let's see if it works this time.

I tried to post a comment saying how much I love this recipe. I've done something similar, but without the ricotta, and it's delicious.

I don't know if I could ever get enough tomatoes. They symbolize summer to me. Yum!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Well shit... I give up. Now they're both there. Whatever. That's how my day has been.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

ooooh this sounds yummy, and I'm starving too!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home