Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Friday, May 06, 2005

what to live for

....... is the yummy dinner I had tonight. which I'm glad about and also somehow glad it was not pasta. Doug and I went out with some of his coworkers, it was really nice, I enjoyed it. good food, decent convo. i think i'll have dreams about my dinner.

crusty garlic rolls with roasted green pepper
a pork loin (NOT over cooked) wrapped around sweet italian sausage stuffing and then wrapped IN prosciutto THEN reduced in a currant demi-glaze with mission figs (YUM) char-roasted asparagus and green apple risotto.

oh and a flight of 4 red wines (pinot noir, merlot, chianti, and a barbera) and creme brulee (the sugar part was burnt) which I split with Doug.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

which is why it's so hard to diet, however the portions were reasonable, and I don't really feel like I've overdone it. not like I ate a bucket of pasta.

That and I spent a long time at the gym today.

stretch
30 minutes weight loss cycle (3.4 speed up to 3.6 speed) on the treadmill (with 2lb dumbells in each hand doing various upper body items)
stretch -- cool down a bit
10 minutes fat burner low level on the eliptical
stretch -- REALLY cool down
upper body on the nautilus (biceps, triceps, pectorals,lats)
crunches on the ball thingie
pelvic lifts on the ball thingie
stretch
2 minutes very high intensity on the eliptical
followed by 15 reps each tricep and pectoral (low weight)
stretch down with medicine ball

I'm really big on stretching, I have found my left side to be much weaker than my right, however it's hard to work it since my right side sort of...well.. leads. I need to find a specific exercise for my lower left side (isolated leg) , also a good stretch for the outside of my calf and quad. i also need good back exercises that don't involve dumbells. ( to get rid of my spare set of boobs back there)

not smoking makes it so I can actually really maximize the breathing on my work out, it was wonderfull.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

your blog always makes me hungry. meanie.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home