Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

<-----I have LINKS!

I have links now because EII is cool. Yay, thanks. I even added more because she left notes for my stupid butt in the template on how to do so. That just rocks.

I love StatCounter, it's the bestest thing ever, okay maybe not ever, but it's neat. Some one went to Yahoo! search and looked up "naked strong women" and got my blog. For some reason, this is a great source of amusement. I guess they weren't impressed since they haven't been back. Darn. They were from Southampton, England -- those crazy Brits.

I watched the movie "Sideways" with Doug last night, it was pretty darn good. At first I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it all that much since it was in part, about a pretty dorky guy, and watching movies where someone is feeling or acting awkward makes me uncomfortable, myself. In some ways I suppose because I can relate entirely too well. The movie developed and I got sucked in. Even cooler was that Doug used to live in the area where the movie was set in California, so a lot of the places -- restraunts, towns, and so forth, he'd been to.

I'm feeling borderline poetic today, maybe I'll write some, I'll probably cook instead. The quiting smoking is going suprisingly well, almost eerily well. I have a class tomorrow and the next day for work. Pretty funny, it's a writing class, well...buisness writing. It's to teach me how to tell people to fuck off in writing without putting the company in jeopardy or pissing them off too badly. Well, basically that. Mostly to teach us how not to be liable since a verbal conversation with a customer is one thing -- a letter is another, we have to be blunt, not overly explicit, and really there are some things we cannot do because then becomes fodder for a lawsuit. It should be interesting... okay no, it will be brutally boring since the good stuff will be surrounded by many people who's idea of writing anything tops out a text messaging or quick email. I'm taking an extra large coffee (Splenda, fat free creamer) in with me.

Oh and I've lost 6lbs. Yay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home