Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

baby kitties

i'm so disappointed.

my coworker, Nicole, was telling me today that they moved a trailer onto her property for her friend to live in. This is not odd, what is odd is that they found a baby kitty clinging to the insulation on the wall for dear life. It had made the 5 mile haul, they have no idea where the mama is.

Nicole's mother in law is taking care of the one kitty, who is not quite weaned. This afternoon, they discovered two more kitties. Nick asked me if I wanted them and of course I do. Especially because her husband hates cats and would just kill them. If they're not ready for tidbits of solid, I was going to try to work something out with Raven to take care of them during the day, since she's still home with Morgan.

Doug says no. Even though they're going to get dead now, and even though we'll have to give Cheshire back in a few months and even though by the time the kitties are out and about we'll be ready to move onto 5 acres... no. I guess all that room is just not enough for 3 kitties.

I know money is tight now, but these kitties won't need their shots and all for a while, so we would have a little time.... I guess I'm just really disappointed. I'm going to go to the gym now and try to work it off. I'm mad in a way, since this is just proof that decision making is really a two part process now -- I'm not too comfortable with that, with getting vetoed, but I guess that's how it is, 'specially when the veto-er is the one who's usually financing the operation. I'm not going to push the issue because I know that there are other places for my money to go, and I know that I owe him as well AND that his money is going to places that are not new kitties. I suppose that just really goes to show my worth, which is humbling

Also he tends to be the one to take care of the current kitties, but I can and do sometimes too. They didn't starve when he was in WV, I fed them, it's not my fault that he responds when they try to wake him. I sleep through and feed them when I'm damn well awake and ready. Thats the only reason he feeds them.

(more later, there is good stuff too -- b-day got better, day off was okay -- things are not bad, i just want the kitties)

7 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

While it may be a disappointment now, I think that D might be on the right track. Belive me, I hate not getting my way, too, but kittens that little are so terribly hard to care for. Bottle feeding every two hours, etc. It gets to be tough. And really, they should start their shots around 6 weeks (deworming at 3) which means you'd be shelling out some serious money right from the start. Why don't you compromise with him, see if he'll let you take them just until you can find a rescue organization that has room for them?
This is coming from the lady with more animals than she knows what to do with. Sometimes I wish Wil was able to tell me no. :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

i think she'll work it out if her husband hasn't killed 'em yet. fortunately she's got a pile of daughters who might block him. i know they're tough to deal with, i didn't realize all the early stuff that needs to be done though, Ang, so thanks for putting that in perspective. i still want the kitties though, but i'm a sucker for strays... says a lot don't it? *grin*

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Angie. And I am lucky that L takes in strays. It got me away from wandering about alone in Massachusetts, into a nice new warm place where I usually even get to sleep on the bed. :) (Ok, she always LETS me sleep on the bed. I just end up sleeping on the couch sometimes, when there is a movie on or something.)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok im gonna open my big mouth and say something i shouldn't--im going to meddle and please dont hurt me!!!!

BUT

what's up with all this "his" money and "my" money stuff? maybe i'm old fashioned or something, but whatever i have is my partners and whatever they have is mine, it is OURS. i mean you are gonna spend the rest of your lives together...maybe it's time to share...everything...

ok. feel free to spit in my direction anytime now...

im sorry.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

*ptooey* --- naw, that's a good point Jenni, and really I think he thinks more like than I do -- a thought process I'm having trouble getting out of my head *sigh* maybe its some kind of inferiority thing on my end -- thank you for the ass kicking, you rock.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Biochemist said...

I side with Big D. Renee wanted ME to get a kitten b/c her apt complex wouldn't allow it. So we tested what would happen and Goddamned if that kitten didn't destroy my toliet paper, mew throughout the night and piss on my couch.

I'm not saying kittens are bad, wait a minute, yes I am.... They aren't exactly amenable to apts. Wait until you get that 5acres and then go behind D's back.... YEAH! Now that's a plan.

-D other D

10:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

oh yooper what a great plan, since well, barn cats just 'appear' don't they? and hey, i didn't know they had toilet paper up there, i thought they were still using old corncobs and breaking the ice off the outhouse door in winter....

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home