Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Monday, May 16, 2005

puff of smoke

it's amazing how fast good spirits can sink. i'm staying glued to my desk until D comes to get me because I'm dying for a cigarette.

have the kicky yellow skirt on today and heels. felt good leaving the house. Skippy's at the shop getting a tune up. it was going to be a good day.

Skippy needs $477 worth of repairs.

I check the bank account and find I have $167 in it.

suprised? a bit. D said he'd help since I wasn't sure there'd be enough.

okay.

......but, as I'm scanning the cleared checks, I realize the one for the trainer or my stupid heart monitor (which he insists I get for $80) has not cleared.

so that's $180 entering an account with $167 in it. Special.

I call D and have to ask to borrow enough to fill the account, not to mention... this is the good part, I'm such a fucking moron that I've not only drained it past what I had in it, but past the money that D put in there as an overdraft.

And I'm the one preaching money management to Devin. Sheesh. I thought I was getting too comfortable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Ummm... maybe you should just let D be in charge of all the money?! I do the same thing, to be honest. I have no real picture of where all of our money goes. I've found it easier to just sign and deposit my paycheck, and then just ask Wil what I can spend. It's not that he'll ever say no, but he knows how to arrange all the payments so that we're covered most of the time.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

hey Ang, I'm definately pushing for D to be in charge of the money -- I'm okay with it, but not long term, I always fall down.:)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm a total budget freak. When I do the budget, shit gets paid. I never have anything left to play with, and there's never enough cash to pay for the # of emergencies this family can have but by golly the bills are paid.

Scotty on the other hand stops by Walmart on his way to the landlord's house!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home