Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

embarrassing sibling story

In an email earlier today, I was asked if I really have a fixation on being viewed in the crapper (not seriously, of course)

the answer is no

however I did grow up with four younger brothers, and bodily functions are not sacred to my family. in fact, there are almost no family gatherings that occur without some kind of discussion about the digestive/expulsive process. it's important to know that everyone is 'regular' and if not then discuss how to become 'regular'.

actually, 'regular' is something akin to a state of nirvana in my family -- most members, anyway.


in any case, the email reminded me first that I am scared of Port-O-Johns in the summer because I am certain there will at some time be a wasp nest or something creepy on the great hollow underside of the seat and a wasp or something nasty will come up and sting, bite, or otherwise molest my ass.

what that caused me to remember is that when my brother was 8 or 9 he saw the movie Ghoulies where the monster things liked to pop out of the toilet and well, it was just kinda scary, so scary to him that he resorted to begging his big sister (me) to sit in the bathroom with him EVERY time he had to poop for the next year.

and we wonder why constipation is a problem. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger me said...

You'll know the joys of regularity when ya get to be my age! :-)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

hrm. you are then the dali lama of regularity? i will send my siblings to make pilgrimage and question you on the secrets of poopage.

(oh lord what is wrong with me? *grin*)

11:59 AM  
Blogger me said...

You must be "one with the waste." (If there's something wrong with you then that makes me: way, way WAY out there, hon! >grin<

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dream is to someday get through a meal with your family without any discussion of bathrooms, pooping, or constipation.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Dez M.E. King said...

my kitten has a fixation with me and the shitter. Every time I need to go, she comes in, extremely curious, and watches. My catlitter box is by my toilet, and sometimes we poo together.

It's really funking weird having a poo buddy.

12:05 AM  
Blogger me said...

Raz: girls go together ~ALL~ the time! ;-)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Dez M.E. King said...

mike-

LOL

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home