Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

powerful hankerin'

i was just re reading and email an almost long lost friend sent and getting ready to reply when she mentioned something about me being water sensitive. at that exact moment i craved the sea. going to bed. it's 1 a.m. gonna get up in 2 hours and d and I are gonna drag ass to the beach to watch the sun come up. well, it's rainy, at least watch it get light out.

sometimes you just need the salt air. it's true. not until i read that sentence did i realize i'd been away too long.

*

6 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

You see, this is the reason that I know you and D are going to make it forever... You still do those sweet romantic things together, like drive to the beach just to watch the sun come up.

I doubt I could get Wil off his ass long enough to walk to the car, much less get him up early enough to drive the 4 miles to the beach before the sun came up.

Sorry, man bashing today. I'll move it to my own blog. :)

Y'all have fun at the beach, bring back pictures.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your little blog justnow, Hey How 'happy accident', a nice thought...a nice thought. I like the sea too...As you'll see...
Best Saltwater wishes to ya!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, the best laid plans of mice and men, etc... she tried to wake me up, and it just didn't happen, which is sort of ironic since I try to wake her up most mornings and have a hard time of it. I guess this was my payback or something. Or I was just too tired to get out of bed at 3 AM.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

*sigh* my hope is that when I'm looking back over this stuff in 40 years I'll actually "remember" doing that. *grin*

the seed has been planted though it *will* happen-- just need to make sure D gets a nap on that day.

l.w. thanks for stopping by .. I will visit. :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger THe Q, said...

Hey, that's kinda neat. Me and my woman drove down to O.C. (some friends actually drove, sly boots we are) just to see the sun set from the beach, right on 23rd.it literally was a drive there and back right after i worked, but it was nice.

2:03 PM  
Blogger THe Q, said...

I'm following all plans. Head up and head strong. See you saturday.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home