Strong Women and Whiskey

not for the delicate palate

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've found that if you speak as if with authority on nearly any topic, most people will believe you. This frightens me.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Merry Meeting

I love the name of this lake.

I am so sorry for my lack of bloggity goodness lately. Apparently I have no clue on how NOT to be busy. But, right now I'm sitting at the bench table in a quaint little cottage that Jon is renting this week up in New Durham, NH. After 8 hours of driving yesterday, it was to tempting for D and I to just "crash" here rather than stay. Plus, there was beer. So tomorrow, bright and early well, too early to be bright, we'll be on the road up to "waaaay up Maine" and will be heading back south, to home on Monday-ish.

E2 you almost got a visit, had it now been for the whole "exhaustion" thing. ;)

In other news, the garden looks like southeast asia, I have tons of pictures to post and all kinds of good stuff. Oh, and somehow I've managed to drop about 20 lbs in the past two months or so. Groovy!!

I'm being beckoned to go have dinner. Will post more later, especially if a package of cookies are waiting for me when we get home -- (*nudge*, Angie)

10 Comments:

Blogger westcoastmama said...

hahaha....how absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to see the pics. Have a grand time, my dears. *hug*

1:57 AM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Yay! A Laura post! Sounds like a great time y'all are having, but who's taking care of your small asian village... er... garden?

Cookies will be sent forth shortly. What kind do you like? Ok, dumb question- is there a cookie out there that isn't worthy of being eaten? I'll see what J and I can scrounge up.

3:18 PM  
Blogger James said...

C'mon -- you can make Niagara Falls a stop on the way home, can't you? It's romantic and wet...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mother Raven said...

Have fun! We miss you. And glad to see you are posting again. =P

10:32 PM  
Blogger me said...

Welcome back to blogdom, hon. Hey to da hubster!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, after much brow-beating on my part, there was a post posted. Anything for cookies, and yes, Angie, I am a humanitarian, who believes it is wrong to discriminate on basis of cookie flavor.
James, there was discussion of going home via Niagra, but...well, as it is, we barely made it home for Laura to get to class (and made it home one day late.)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Cookies will be forthcoming. Just as soon as I clear a path to the kitchen!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time, I was starting to think you dropped off the face of the Earth!!!!!! Started to call over the weekend but wasn't sure of what you would be up to.

Way to go on the 20lbs!!!! I need to do the same.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Ok, so I know I flaked on the whole cookie thing. But really, I was just searching for the perfect recipe. But then when I found it, I ate all of the cookies. And since I don't want to gain any MORE weight, I figured I'd better not make any more in case I ate those too. You understand, right? :)

So, when you get a free minute or two, I'd love to see some Barnhenge in fall pictures. I bet the leaves are beautiful, aren't they?

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back to u§!

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home